At this meeting Councillor Vithoulkas shared some observations about small business based on her 30 years experience in the hospitality industry which included:
- cash flow problems for small business;
- difficulties in meeting tax obligations;
- lack of time for business planning;
- lack of business and financial support;
- high employee superannuation costs;
- provision of checklists on tax obligations, superannuation, GST reporting, worker compensation for small businesses.
Councillor Vithoulkas’ debrief generated a robust discussion among members of the meeting on business planning and plans, with members having a range of views.
The Australian Taxation Office has thanked Councillor Vithoulkas for her contribution to this peak forum.
Click here to read the extract of the minutes of the ATO Small Business Partnership Meeting.