- By Councillor Vithoulkas
I am advised by staff, and as stated in the City’s submission to the Citizens’ Jury, that in 2009 the City spent $30 million accommodating a range of activities servicing our night time economy.
This includes (but is not limited to):
- CCTV cameras, operators, signage
- Alcohol free zone establishment including signage and required advertising
- Assessment of DAs for late trading venues
- Licensed Premises coordinators
- Night Time City unit staff
- Program delivery
This is an enormous amount of funding spent in one year and yet this is the most recent information available, even though it is five years old.
When will more recent information be made available and what steps will be taken to ensure that funding figures will be available in a more timely manner in the future?