- By Councillor Vithoulkas
- In regard to the Cogent contract failure to proceed with Trigeneration at Green Square, is Council prevented from seeking a commercial relationship with any other energy provider?
- Are there any binding contractual restrictions, other than confidentiality to the failed contract, on Council?
- Will any future trigeneration partners be sought by tender?
- Given the Lord Mayor’s statement, in relation to the failed Cogent contract, 17 June 2013 “This is a momentary setback”, what is the time frame for seeking appropriate partners for the Green Square trigeneration project?
- What regulatory changes does Council believe are required to allow a trigeneration project such as Green Square to be economically viable?
- Would regulatory changes result in the residents or business owners receiving services at a lower overall cost than the existing costs, or would it simply result in a transfer of costs from one stakeholder to another and provide no savings or possible price increases for the consumer?